What opportunities does Goodwill provide? That gets explained here.
Goodwill’s Workforce Development provides opportunities for individuals to participate in a variety of customized programs and services.
• Designed to assist the client in obtaining competitive employment.
• Client and Workforce Development Specialist formulate vocational goals to assist in gaining and maintaining an employment position.
• Programing that assists individuals with workforce training and support, either on or off the worksite.
• Provides long term supported services as needed and as determined by the referral agency.
• Includes support services for employer and employee.
TRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• Purpose is to provide the client with work experience and document their readiness for competitive employment. Settings can include a Goodwill store or training site, or community environment.
• Sites are developed according to the client’s vocational interests (example: vocational interest is the food industry; the work experience would be at a local restaurant).
• Provides opportunities for the client to gain positive work skills and transition smoothly into community employment.
• Includes a written report completed by Workforce Development Specialist.
• Length of program: Variable
• Provides opportunity to assess client’s work skills, behaviors and interests in a work-based setting.
• Choose any of the following assessments:
o Learning/Working Styles Inventory: Assesses learning and working styles critical to academic, training and job success.
o Interest inventory: Assists clients with matching interests and career goals.
o Blended Interest and Aptitude Assessment – CareerScope: Objective assessment tool for education and career guidance.
• All assessments include a written report with results and recommendations.
LIFE SKILLS PREVOCATIONAL TRAINING
• 30 module topics to select from.
• Each module is approximately 3-4 hours in length but can be broken into segments of varying time periods.
• Each module consists of discussion, hands-on activities, role playing, etc.
• Pre-and-post-assessments available for each module.